- Superior alternative to steel wool, wire brushes, sandpaper, and other non-woven products for cleaning or finishing tasks
- Very fine grade aluminum oxide abrasive cleans, finishes, grains, denibs, and defuzzes
- Pad resists tearing, splintering, shredding, loading and will never rust, providing a long, useful life
- Can be folded, stacked, or rolled for effective cleaning or conditioning on flat, irregular, or contoured surfaces
- Perforated for quick and easy tearing, reducing waste
Scotch-Brite™ 7447 PRO Hand Pad combines flexibility with effective cutting action and precise hand control to help you accomplish tough cleaning jobs or produce fine finishing results, use after use. The tightly graded abrasive particles in this new pad provide a consistent, uniform scratch throughout life of the hand pad.
Our very fine grade aluminum oxide abrasives cut fast and fine, leaving a smooth, finished surface. Suitable for use on a wide variety of materials such as wood, metal, plastics, ceramics, porcelain, glass, rubber, or composites, and for many different tasks, the performance of this pad is comparable to steel wool grade 0. However, unlike steel wool, Scotch-Brite™ 7447 PRO Hand Pads won’t rust after use, or create fine metal splinters. The non-woven, open-web material resists loading and can be used dry, with water, or some solvents. You can use this multipurpose 6 x 9 inch pad by hand for precise control, with a hand pad block for uniform finishing, or on an in-line sander to cover large areas.
This maroon hand pad uses aluminum oxide abrasive. Aluminum oxide is a popular choice among industrial professionals because of its cut-rate and long life. This mineral is a tough, durable abrasive that self-fractures to expose fresh cutting edges in use, whereas traditional abrasives, such as garnet, quickly wear down with use. Due to its high cut-rate, hardness, strength, and low heat retention, aluminum oxide mineral is widely used in grinding applications in addition to sanding and finishing use. Aluminum oxide is suitable on a wide variety of substrates in both woodworking and metalworking, including ferrous alloys. The pad is perforated in the center, allowing for easy tearing by hand, reducing waste.