- Recommended by many OEMs
- Provides corrosion protection with lifetime warranty
- Room temperature curing (accelerated curing with heat)
- Can be weld bonded or rivet bonded within working time
- Adheres to a wide variety of properly prepared steel and aluminum substrates
- May be used on many plastic and composite substrates
- Glass bead technology protects against overclamping and maintains a minimum bond line thickness
- Has excellent shelf life opened or unopened, reducing unused product replacement costs
Our 3M™ Panel Bonding Adhesive is a cost-effective two-part epoxy adhesive for bonding replacement body panels. From its fast, convenient cartridge system the adhesive seals and bonds steel, aluminum, SMC, and FRP securely in a single operation.
The result of years of development and testing, our 3M™ Panel Bonding Adhesive bonds and seals plastic and metal substrates including cold roll steel, aluminum, SMC, and FRP (traditional fiberglass). It is ideal for bonding quarter panels, roofs skins, box sides, van sides, utility vehicle sides and door skins – anywhere that requires a lasting bond for outer body panels, without the added time and expense of riveting or welding. In fact, adhesive bonding can be a time and money-saving replacement for many collision repair jobs that have traditionally required welding or riveting. Many interior or other adjacent parts that must be removed to avoid damage from welding can remain installed when bonding.
Note: Panel Bonding Adhesive should only be used to bond structural components such as pillars, rockers or frame members when specified by an OEM (Example: Aluminum Ford F-150). Unless specified by an OEM, structural components should be welded.